Friday, August 28, 2009

My photos were published in a book...YAY!


~Please click on the photos to see a larger version of it!

~AUB klik op de foto's om een grotere versie ervan te zien!




This week ik received something really nice in the mail. Last year a publisher contacted me via e-mail to ask if he could use some of my photos from the Canadian Rockies for a photobook that he wanted to make about the Canadian Rocky Mountain National Parks. I agreed with this and send him a bundle of my older photos that I took in the Canadian Rockies as they wouldn't get printed very big. I didn't hear from them for a very long time, so I thought they had forgotten about it. But 2 weeks ago I received an e-mail that the book was ready and they wanted to know my address so they could send me a book. It's a soft cover, about 8 x 11 inches, full colour and about 34 pages in total. Gosh, it's so nice to see your own photos in a book that's produced by a publisher. Of course my name and e-mail were mentioned in the book as well. That's about all the news for this week. We didn't do very much exited, just enjoyed our evenings together.


Deze week kreeg ik wat leuks geleverd met de post. Vorig jaar heeft een publisher mij een e-mail gestuurd om te vragen of ik wat foto's van de Canadese Rockies wilde verlenen aan een fotoboek wat hij wou maken van de Canadese Rocky Mountains National Parks. Ik ben hiermee akkoord gegaan en had een deel van mijn oudere foto's doorgestuurd omdat de foto's niet zo groot zouden afgedrukt worden. Ik had er al heel lang niets meer van gehoord, dus ik dacht dat ze mij vergeten waren. Maar een 2 weken terug kreeg ik een e-mail dat het boek klaar was en dat ze mij graag een copy wilden versturen. Ik ontving deze week 5 copies van dat fotoboek met de post. Het boek is een soft cover, ongeveer een A4 formaat, volledig in kleur en zo'n 34 pagina's in totaal. Goh, het is toch wel leuk om zo je eigen foto's in een boek te zien staan wat door iemand geproduceerd werd. Natuurlijk staat er een verwijzing in het boek naar de foto's met mijn naam en e-mail. Dat is zowat al het nieuws voor deze week. We hebben niet veel interessants gedaan, gewoon genoten van onze avonden samen.


The front cover of the book with my photos in it (not my photo)

The back cover of the book with my photos in it (my photo)


The page with my name and e-mail mentioned in the book


One of the pages with my photos on it


The moon setting last night



Stay tuned for my next post!

No comments: