Monday, November 30, 2009

Finally some sunshine!


~Please click on the photos to see a larger version of it!

~AUB klik op de foto's om een grotere versie ervan te zien!

Downtown Vancouver rises above the fog/clouds seen from Burnaby Mountain


Finally we’ve been having some sunshine after all that rain. I was off and went for a nice walk in Burnaby Mountain Park and at Burnaby Lake. At our place it was very foggy and I had no idea what the weather was anywhere else. I really wanted to go out for some photos at or just after sunrise, but I heard on the radio that all areas in Vancouver were in the fog and it was going to lift in the early morning. So I went online and checked the Vancouver webcams and indeed everything was in the fog. Around 9:00AM I checked the Vancouver webcams again and oh yes…it was looking good. Burnaby Mountain for example was peaking out above the clouds, so I really wanted to go there and I was hoping that I would be above the fog/clouds and not in the fog/clouds. Since it is only about 10 minutes driving from our place I was just going to check it out and hope for the best. It was still very foggy on the way to Burnaby Mountain, but once II arrived at Burnaby Mountain the sun was shining and I was above the fog/clouds, it looked so beautiful. I enjoyed taking some photos and enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Eindelijk hebben was zon gehad na al die regen. Ik had vrij en ben gaan wandelen op Burnaby Mountain en bij Burnaby Lake. Bij ons was het erg mistig en ik wist eigenlijk niet of het ook mistig was op andere plaatsen. Ik wou graag wat foto’s gaan nemen bij zonsopgang of net na zonsondergang, maar ik hoorde op de radio dat alle gebieden in Vancouver in de mist zaten en het zou opklaren in de vroege voormiddag. Dus ik ben online eens gaan kijken op de Vancouver webcams en inderdaad alles was mistig. Rond 9u heb ik de Vancouver webcams nog eens bekeken en oh ja…het zag er goed uit. Burnaby Mountain bijvoorbeeld stak uit boven de mist/wolken, dus ik wou graag gaan en hoopte dat ik daar boven de mist/wolken zou zitten en niet in de mist/wolken. Omdat het maar een 10 minuten rijden is van ons thuis ben ik gewoon gegaan en hoopte ik voor het beste. Het was zeer mistig onderweg naar Burnaby Mountain, maar eens als ik boven aan kwam scheen de zon en bevond ik me boven de mist/wolken, het zag er zo mooi uit. Ik heb er van genoten om wat foto’s te nemen en om te genieten vand e prachtige zichten.


Some photos of my morning at Burnaby Mountain in the fog












A couple of short videos I took during my walk at Burnaby Mountain





After some picture taking and walking at Burnaby Mountain I decided to go for another walk at Burnaby Lake, about 5 minutes driving from our place. It was much more foggy down by the lake, but it looked like the sun was trying to come out. I had the place all to myself and I took some photos and enjoyed a walk. It was so nice that the weather was finally better. Besides enjoying the sunny weather there isn’t much else exciting that we’ve done. We continue to watch our Vancouver Canucks (hockey) whenever there is game on the TV. They are doing pretty good right now, so lets hope they will continue that way. I also went to see my friend Angela, I hadn’t seen here since the spring. We’ve been trying to meet up lately, but either she was working or I was working. But finally I had the chance to see her. She lives in Vancouver now in a nice basement suite which she showed me as well. She lives in a nice place and is close to shops, restaurants and more. Hopefully we can meet up again sometime soon.

Nadat ik wat foto’s genomen heb en wat gewandeld had op Burnaby Mountain heb ik besloten om nog wat te gaan wandelen bij Burnaby Lake, een 5 minuten rijden van ons thuis. Het was een stuk mistiger aan het meer, maar het zag er naar uit dat zon probeerde uit te komen. Ik had het hele meer voor mezelf en ik heb wat foto’s genomen en genoten van een wandeling. Het was zo aangenaam dat het weer eindelijk beter was. Buiten het genieten van het weer hebben we niet veel spannends meer gedaan. We volgen nog steeds onze Vancouver Canucks (hockey) op TV als er een wedstrijd op TV is. Ze doen het vrij goed, dus hopelijk blijven ze doorgaan. Ik ben ook nog naar mijn vriendin Angela geweest, dat was geleden sinds het voorjaar dat ik haar nog zag. We hebben geprobeerd om weer eens samen te komen, maar ofwel moest zij werken ofwel moest ik werken. Maar eindelijk had ik de kans om haar te bezoeken. Ze woont in Vancouver in de beneden verdieping van een huis die ze mij heeft laten zien. Ze woont daar mooi en dichtbij vele winkels, restaurants en dergelijke. Hopelijk kunnen vlug weer eens afspreken.


Some photos my walk at Burnaby Lake













Stay tuned for my next post!

No comments: