Thursday, November 13, 2008

My life in Canada (November 2008)

Nothing too much happening!

After a few days of rain today the sun came out and we had blue skies...aah, that was so nice for a change. The last few days it had rained non stop and some days a lot harder than others. That's a bit different than the rain in Belgium. In Belgium it usually drizzles and rains in periods, but not in Vancouver...if it rains usually it rains really hard and all day long. So, we get lots more rain in just 1 day. I guess the advantage of all that is that everything looks nice and green all year round. I do have to say that I can't remember the last time that it rained for so long without stopping or even a bit of sunshine in between. Oh well, every year is different I suppose. There is no snow in sight yet and the local mountains haven't gotten any snow yet either. Usually this starts at the end of November.



Because of all this rain we noticed that our roof was leaking a bit in the attic, so Michael investigated a little and it seems when it's raining and windy that the rain gets blown underneath the roof tiles. So, he has been up on the roof to put on some silicone in the place that he thinks the rain might get in from. So hopefully it will not leak anymore. We will see when it rains if we got the problem fixed...let's hope so. Otherwise there is not much more going on here. Tomorrow I will talk to my mother on the phone again which is always fun. I am always happy to hear that she is doing pretty good and that she is hanging in there. I hope she will come to visit us again sometime in the next couple of years.


A view down our street


Sometime next week I will meet up with Ineke again as it has been quite some time since I have seen here as I had a bit of a cold and it just didn't work out to meet up on the days that I was off. Well, that happens now and then. I look forward to see her again and to spent some time with her. I haven't had much time to go out with my camera due to the weather and due to not having so much time. If the weather is going to be nicer again I will go back to Burnaby Mountain which is only 10 minutes driving from our place and the views from up there are so beautiful. It's one of my favourite spots in my vicinity! Down here I posted a little film from the top Burnaby Mountain that I took last year. You can have a look if you wish!



Stay tuned for more in my next post!

No comments: